When should I contact an attorney for help?

It may be helpful to contact an attorney when:  

You have repeatedly notified the school that your child is being bullied

The school hasn’t taken sufficient action to stop the bullying 


The bullying of your child is severe and ongoing

Your child is suffering serious effects from the bullying

Lawsuits against school districts that fail to protect children from bullying play a very important role in curbing bullying, but they are a solution of last resort—when efforts to get schools to act appropriately have failed.

If you are thinking about filing a lawsuit to protect your child, please feel free to contact Public Justice for legal assistance.  Call 202-797-8600 or e-mail us at [email protected].

Even if Public Justice can’t assist you, we may be able to help you find a local attorney who can.  If you already have an attorney, we may able to assist the attorney with your case.

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.