My name is Meghan. I am 13 years old, and I am a victim of bullying.
In my first 5 years in school (including kindergarten) I wasn't bullied much. Just the normal things that most elementary school kids say. It didn't get to me. Until 5th grade. That's when it started getting bad. I was constantly picked on for being over weight, ugly, stupid, ignorant, poor, and it hurt. So what did I do? Started my very first addiction. Self-harm. It didn't start out too bad. Just some scissor scratches. Nothing big. Then 6th grade. Even more bullying for being stupid, dull, emo, fat. Then I got my first boyfriend. SLUT. I never kissed him, or even really touched him. We hugged, but that was mostly it. And I got called slut, bitch, whore. Which led to even more self-harm.
Last year, 7th grade. Nothing changed really. But the severity got much, much worse for me. In November of 2013, I was put in the hospital for my self-harm by my school because I was called up to the office for someone asking for a blade and putting my schedule up, so they thought it was me. They checked me and found a lot of cuts with a bit of scarring over them. They almost labelled me crazy and put me in an Asylum, but lucky for me, they just gave me some suggested therapists and let me go.
Now I'm going into 8th grade. My last year in Middle School. Then onto High School. Then college and I'm through. I still self-harm. But, I'm trying to get better.
My advice to you is:
- Tell somebody, that's a mistake I made, and now I'm in really deep.
- Don't start hurting yourself, it's just like alcohol or drugs, once you start, you almost never stop.
- Write, draw, listen to music, do something to take your mind off of the negative thoughts you're having. It will help you think of better things to do.
- Don't give a bother what anyone says about you, or don't let it get to you, because it can potentially save your life if you don't.
- It gets better. It's so cliche, but honestly, it does. It might take a long time, but it does. When you find the right person, song, band, or whatever, keep that in mind. I know I've found the best girlfriend in the world, and she is helping me so much. You could find someone or something like that and it can save you from the hell you're experiencing.
I love you all. You can make it through. Be safe, lovelies. <3
By writing some words below, you are showing your support and letting everyone know they're not alone.