No hard and fast rule can define the average parenting style! Parents impart their own beliefs and values on their children to make them learn. But other factors like luck, life challenges, money and responsibilities are beyond the parental control.
There are a few common themes in parenting: unconditional love, affection, empathy, guidance, discipline, cooperation and optimism.
But there are also 4 definite dos and don’ts of parenting:
- Focus on finding solutions rather than to blame your kids
- Do ask their responses/solutions on problems and don’t ever solve the problem single-handedly
- Always fulfill your commitments and don’t ever break them
- Acts like guiders rather than being Lords of your kids
3. Respect and Patience
- Don’t insult them publicly
- Let them speak even if they’re wrong and don’t dominate the discussions
- Just reflect but don’t react to their opinions and feelings!
- Talk patiently and never yell at them
4. Relationship Building
- Establish a trustworthy and safety net for your kids
- Be honest and their ideal and don’t perform any illegal activity in front of them
- Be open to discussions and don’t be too strict to talk with.
- Celebrate together and don’t let them stay alone
- Try to teach them, don’t try to dictate them
You must now be wondering how you can fulfill all these responsibilities in your hectic routine! The primary purpose of my blog is to pursue a practical guidance approach for parents.
To be a modern parent, you’ll need modern tools for understanding your children well and mobile monitoring software such as Highster Mobile Spy is a nifty way parents can have to stay connected with their kids remotely.
Did I miss any important parental quality of yours? I hope, not! But in case let me know through your comments!
By writing some words below, you are showing your support and letting everyone know they're not alone.